Soroban for zaurus
soroban is a simple calculator for the Sharp Zaurus.
Installation of pp4zaurus("J2ME Personal Profile for Zaurus 1.0") is unnecessary when Zaurus which you own is a model for Japan.
When other, it is the following procedures and please install pp4zaurus.
How to install and use "J2ME Personal Profile for Zaurus 1.0":
- Please register for Java Developer Connection (JDC)
- Download 2 files from following URL
- Please install "libfloat" first and install "pp4zaurus" in the next.
- Installation and a setup should refer to the following URL.
Please click [Soroban Applet] !
To foreign one:
- This application is programmed by java.
- Only integer operation is supported.
- It depends for operation speed on an operator's capability.
- It depends for operation accuracy on an operator's capability.
- Gnu Public License
Use this application, supposing you go to Akihabara in Japan and do some shopping.
- If there are goods included in mind, input into this application the amount of money you want to purchase it.
- Show a salesclerk the screen.
- And recite following "charm" in a loud voice.
- "Discount please!"
- "Makete kudasai."
- "Korede onegai shimasu."
- It will bring you the miracle.
soroban was tested on a Zaurus SL-C700
bash-2.05$ uname -a
Linux zaurus 2.4.18-rmk7-pxa3-embedix #1 Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:07:49 +0900 armv5l unknown
bash-2.05$ evm -version
Display size = 480x640
Jeode EVM Version 1.10.7
Supported Java Platforms: Personal Java 1.2
Requires JeodeClass: 1.10.7
bash-2.05$ cvm -version
java version "J2ME Personal Profile for Zaurus 1.0"
J2ME Personal Profile 1.0 (build 1.0_ea4-b18)
J2ME CDC-HI 1.0_v01
THE ABACUS HANDBOOK http://www.gis.net/~daveber/Abacus/Abacus.htm
soroban is licensed under the Gnu public license.
Written by triring(Akio MIWA). Copyright 2003 triring.